Assert in pg_stat_statements

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Assert in pg_stat_statements
Date: 2015-08-08 09:00:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I just found that pg_stat_statements causes assert when queryId is
set by other module, which is loaded prior to pg_stat_statements in
the shared_preload_libraries parameter.

Theoretically, queryId in the shared memory could be set by other
module by design.

So, IMHO, pg_stat_statements should not cause assert even if queryId
already has non-zero value --- my module has this problem now.

Is my understanding correct? Any comments?

Regards,

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_statements.c.diff text/plain 862 bytes