Re: Determine operator from it's function

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Determine operator from it's function
Date: 2015-07-04 00:09:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/3/15 2:33 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 07/03/2015 01:20 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> Is there a way to determine the operator that resulted in calling the
>> operator function? I thought fcinfo->flinfo->fn_expr might get set to
>> the OpExpr, but seems it can be a FuncExpr even when called via an
>> operator...
>
> Don't think there is. Why do you need to know?

I'd like to support arbitrary operators in variant. I did initial
testing and it looked like I was getting an OpExpr in fn_expr, but I
think that's because I was using a real table to test with. When I do
something like 'a' < 'b' it looks like the operator gets written out of
the plan. If that's indeed what's happening is there a hook I could use
to change that behavior?