Re: syntax error with connection.h and more in build

From: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: syntax error with connection.h and more in build
Date: 2011-05-04 14:25:17
Lists: psycopg

On May 3, 2011, at 5:55 PM, David Sloboda wrote:

> I'm unable to get psycopg2-2.4 to build on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> release 4 update 8
>
> ./psycopg/connection.h and other files throw syntax errors.
> connection.h is straight from the tarbal and does not appear to have a
> syntax error to me.
>
> I have the postgresql-devel and other RPMs installed.
>
> I've read http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/faq.html
> I am not getting the "No such file or directory" errors mentioned in
> the FAQ.
>
> I'm stuck. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks.

It looks like you're trying to build against postgresql 7.4. Try building psycopg2 against postgresql 9.0 client libs instead. You can then use the 9.0 lib to connect to the 7.4 database. I don't know enough about RHEL to tell you if can install the different postgresql versions side-by-side. Adjust your path to pop in the 9.0 pg_config, and the build should succeed.

Cheers,