list of credits for release notes

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: list of credits for release notes
Date: 2017-09-27 18:47:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At the PGCon Developer Meeting it was agreed[0] to add a list of credits
to the release notes, including everyone who was mentioned in a commit
message. I have now completed that list.

Attached is the proposed documentation commit as well as the raw list.

Thoughts on the heading? I have considered "Credits",
"Acknowledgements", "Thanks", but the first seemed better than the other
ones.

This was a manual process, so mistakes could have been made. I have
gently edited variant spellings and obvious typos.

For the following mentions I could not identify a name:

mthrockmorton(at)hme(dot)com
Tels
Zertrin <postgres_wiki(at)zertrin(dot)org>
zam6ak(at)gmail(dot)com
bug #14654 reported by James C.
Jov in bug #14749
yxq <yxq(at)o2(dot)pl>

I respect that some people don't want their name on record, but then
they don't go into the release credits either, I think.

The considered commits have been

git log REL9_6_STABLE..REL_10_STABLE

currently up to 9ebc7781444fd15d56ed16e5312a954483e85cd9.

I have also cross-checked the list against all PG10 commit fests, the
committers list, and the contributors list on the web site. (That
doesn't mean I added all those, but checked for obvious omissions
against those.)

The list is sorted using COLLATE "en-x-icu".

Any thoughts?

[0]:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2017_Developer_Meeting#Release_notes_scope.2C_and_giving_credit

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-list-of-credits-to-release-notes.patch text/plain 12.5 KB
credits.txt text/plain 4.6 KB