Simplify sleeping while reading/writing from client

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Simplify sleeping while reading/writing from client
Date: 2015-02-05 14:45:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Looking again at the code after Andres' interrupt-handling patch series,
I got confused by the fact that there are several wait-retry loops in
different layers, and reading and writing works slightly differently.

I propose the attached, which pulls all the wait-retry logic up to
secure_read() and secure_write(). This makes the code a lot more
understandable.

- Heikki

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Simplify-waiting-logic-in-reading-from-writing-to-cl.patch application/x-patch 10.5 KB