all useful options disabled in the Import dialog

From: Joe Strout <joe(at)luminaryapps(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: all useful options disabled in the Import dialog
Date: 2015-01-09 16:17:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm trying to import a CSV file on my local machine, to a pgsql database
running on a server. I'm running pgAdmin III 1.18.1.

This is a standard CSV file with a header line, and quotes around any
values that happen to contain commas.

Problem is, all the useful options in the Import dialog are disabled.
This includes the Header checkbox on the Misc. Options tab, and both
Quote and Escape on the Quote Options tab.

Without being able to set these options, of course, the import fails.
I've searched the internets and any documentation I can find (which
isn't much), but can't figure out why these options or disabled or how
to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Joe