Re: moving from contrib to bin

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date: 2014-12-09 18:18:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Here are the contrib programs:
>
> oid2name
> pg_archivecleanup
> pg_standby
> pg_test_fsync
> pg_test_timing
> pg_upgrade
> pg_xlogdump
> pgbench
> vacuumlo
>
> The proposal would basically be to mv contrib/$x src/bin/$x and also
> move the reference pages in the documentation.

+1

Considering that all of the above have been around for a while, it's
kind of silly that they're still in contrib. Mostly that just
guarantees that nobody will use them, even when it's appropriate.

The one exception I might make above is pg_standby. What do we need
this for today, exactly?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.