Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option

From: Dimitri <dimitrik(dot)fr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Performance" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option
Date: 2007-07-03 15:26:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

Yes, disk drives are also having cache disabled or having cache on
controllers and battery protected (in case of more high-level
storage) - but is it enough to expect data consistency?... (I was
surprised about checkpoint sync, but does it always calls write()
anyway? because in this way it should work without fsync)...