Re: [HACKERS] What's left?

From: "Steve Tibbett" <stibbett(at)zim(dot)biz>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What's left?
Date: 2004-02-02 21:26:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

>On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:45:10AM -0500, Steve Tibbett wrote:
>> The suggested location is %ProgramFiles%\CompanyName\ProductName but
>> GNU products often don't have a "company", so some projects use GNU
as
>> the company name.

>FWIW, this is not a GNU project ...

As far as I know, neither is WinCVS. Anyway, the question is do you
want PostgreSQL to appear as both the product and the company, or do you
want some other entity to serve as the "company". I would suggest
dropping the Company idea altogether (from the registry path, from the
Program Files path, etc).

- Steve