Re: Updating multiple bool values crashes backend

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sean Kelly <S(dot)Kelly(at)ncl(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updating multiple bool values crashes backend
Date: 2000-10-26 14:14:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sean Kelly <S(dot)Kelly(at)ncl(dot)ac(dot)uk> writes:
> Ok, I sorted that ... I now have a 2Mb core file. Can you
> explain how to 'backtrace' it with gdb ...

gdb /path/to/postgres-executable /path/to/core-file
bt
quit

and send the results. Hopefully there will be at least function names
in the display --- if it's all numbers then don't bother sending it :-(

> I've stuck the core
> file at http://www.randomfx.net/core.html if you need it.

Thanks, but it's pretty much useless to anyone who doesn't have the
exact same executable and same system platform as you.

>> Uh, whoever told you that?

> One example can be found on http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

Hmph. bitwizard may think that flaky hardware is a normal state of
affairs, but I don't. Perhaps he buys his machines from incompetent
manufacturers.