Re: Dimension limit in contrib/cube (dump/restore hazard?)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dimension limit in contrib/cube (dump/restore hazard?)
Date: 2018-08-30 13:59:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> writes:
> I'm going to check this patchset on Windows and commit if no objections.

These error messages do not conform to our message style guidelines:
you've copied an errdetail message as primary error message, but the
rules are different for that (no complete sentences, no initial cap,
no period).

Using ERRCODE_ARRAY_ELEMENT_ERROR seems pretty random as well --- so far
as I can see, that's generally used for cases like "this array has the
wrong type of data elements". Perhaps ERRCODE_PROGRAM_LIMIT_EXCEEDED
would be the best choice.