Re: Independent comparison of PostgreSQL and MySQL

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, Michael Cahill <mjc(at)wiredtiger(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Independent comparison of PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date: 2014-10-08 21:51:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 10/08/2014 02:47 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> Where is the claim about transactions being visible before crash-safety
> in his thesis? I didn't find it via a quick search of the pdf.

Page 75

"InnoDB holds a transaction’s locks until the point in transaction
commit just before the write-ahead log is flushed. In other words, locks
are released and changes become visible before log records are
guaranteed to be on stable storage"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com