Re: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Alanoly Andrews <alanolya(at)invera(dot)com>, 'Craig James' <cjames(at)emolecules(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.
Date: 2014-09-04 20:42:58
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On 09/04/2014 08:03 AM, Alanoly Andrews wrote:
> Thanks, Adrian for the response.
>
> Yes, we are using the "large object" as per the specifications in the
> special "lo" module that we installed on the backend server. The table
> is created using the "lo" datatype for the image field and the table is
> being regularly used for insertions and retrievals using utilities other
> than ones using odbc. The odbc connection, too, works well on the table,
> as long as the table data is not reorganized after insertion(s).
>
> Here are three pages of our postgres odbc driver settings. Sorry, they
> are screen captures, not plain text!

Hmm, to me at least nothing seems out of place. Though to be honest I am
not sure what 'Bytea as LO' does in this situation.

Are you actually trying to store any large objects in bytea columns?

I searched on the error message you originally posted, but is fairly
generic and covers a lot of different error sources.

So, is there any more specific error information in either the Postgres
or ODBC logs?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com