Re: Automating Postgres Backup

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Automating Postgres Backup
Date: 2008-11-11 15:38:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

I use pgAgent packaged with PostgreSQL to schedule pg_dump backups. Pg_dump doesn't require the db to be offline. The nice thing about PgAgent is that it works
both on Linux and Windows.

Here is a quick primer on how to do it
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/19-Setting-up-PgAgent-and-Doing-Scheduled-Backups.html

Hope that helps,