Re: FW: Duplicate oids!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Steve King <steve(dot)king(at)ecmsys(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: Duplicate oids!
Date: 2002-12-16 14:59:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Steve King <steve(dot)king(at)ecmsys(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I've now got a copy of pg_filedump and compiled it, can you tell me the
> command line parameters to pass it (and the file that I must process) so I
> can give you exactly what you require.

I'd recommend

pg_filedump -f -i -R <blocknum> <filename>

where <blocknum> is whatever page you need to look at (the high part of
the TIDs of the bad tuples), and <filename> is going to be of the form

$PGDATA/base/<dbnum>/<filenum>

You get the DB number from

select oid from pg_database where datname = 'yourdbname';

and the file number from

select relfilenode from pg_class where relname = 'yourtablename';