Alter column with views depended on it without drop views

From: Emi Lu <emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Alter column with views depended on it without drop views
Date: 2014-03-19 14:27:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello list,

Is there a way to change a table column from varchar(n) to varchar with
views depended on it.

The problem is that I do not want to drop and re-create all views
dependencies. I am looking for a way/command that can change the column
type and all views will be auto updated as well.

Thanks a lot!
Emi
--
PostgreSQL 8.3.18 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu