Re: unixware and --with-ldap

From: "Albe Laurenz" <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: <ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers list" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unixware and --with-ldap
Date: 2006-12-15 12:06:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Olivier PRENANT wrote:

>> You left out the case where --enable_thread_safety is specified.
>> In that case, the frontend has to be linked with libldap_r.so
>> instead of libldap.so.
>
> Yes, this was on purpose, my goal is to try to make a second
> patch when...
>
>> Does libldap_r.so _not_ require any extra libraries for linking?
>
> I don't know, hence the mid-patch

I see.

>> If it does require extra libraries, are they the same as for the
>> thread-unsafe library (on Linux, that is the case)?
>
> Not sure what you mean

I mean, will
-lldap_r -llber -lresolv
work, or do you need something else (liblber_r.so or whatever).

> > Could you test compiling with --enable_thread_safety ?
>
> Will do, but keep in mind that --enable_thread_safety doesn't work too
> well for unixware (see template/Makefile.unixware)

> However, if someone can help me, I'd love to fix the problem

I don't know anything about Unixware.
I don't suggest that anybody should use --enable_thread_safety
on Unixware, but I think it should at least compile cleanly if
possible.

I guess that adding $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS to -lldap_r will be enough,
judging from the evidence on Linux.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe