Re: DBI module for postgres 1.4.3

From: "Albe Laurenz" <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Jasbinder Singh Bali *EXTERN*" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DBI module for postgres 1.4.3
Date: 2006-12-04 08:26:41
Lists: pgsql-general

> Trying to connect to it throught perl code.
> Just wondering if DBI would be the best tool to use to
> accomplish this task.
> Which version of DBI should I be using.
> I mean if any one of you could give me exact pointers to it,
> would be highly appreciated.

Yes, perl(DBI) is the canonical way to connect to a database
from Perl. You will need the DBD::Pg driver too.
Both modules can be obtained from CPAN (e.g. http://www.cpan.org),
maybe there are even binary packages for your operating
system available.
I'd use the latest stable version.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe