Re: Timestamp vs. Interval and formatting....

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Dan Jewett <dan(at)thenormalfamily(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timestamp vs. Interval and formatting....
Date: 2004-01-05 06:13:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Dan,

On Jan 4, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Dan Jewett wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:47:49 -0600, Michael Glaesemann wrote this well
> considered message:

You certainly know how to flatter a guy! :)

> Now I just have the issue of resetting all those times I already
> entered which were HH:MM instead of MM:SS.

This is just thinking out loud: I haven't tried it. Can you do
something like this?

UPDATE track_length SET length = (
SELECT EXTRACT(hour FROM length)::min + EXTRACT(min FROM length)::sec
FROM track_length);

I'm not sure about the casts as they are, but there should be a way to
do that. There was just a post that had a subquery used to get a value
on a update, so I'm not sure that'd work either, but might be worth a
shot.

FWIW,

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com