Re: BUG #16915: use psql have error "could not change directory to "/root": Permission denied"

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: 370619197(at)qq(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16915: use psql have error "could not change directory to "/root": Permission denied"
Date: 2021-03-04 14:18:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021, at 8:21 AM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Just so that you have the correct expectation, the issue you have has
> nothing to do with this ansible repository. I am looking into this as I find
> it interesting. It is an issue that came with Postgres 13, as it does not
> seem to be present in Postgres 12.
I didn't run your commands but I noticed that you are not using equivalent
commands. Your su command specifies '-' that means "Start the shell as a login
shell with an environment similar to a real login" and your sudo command does
not specify option -i that provides an equivalent feature. Could you test with 'sudo
-i -u postgres' and show us the result?

--
Euler Taveira
EDB https://www.enterprisedb.com/