recovery from incomplete backup (pgsql 8.3)

From: Henrik <lists(at)kirneh(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: recovery from incomplete backup (pgsql 8.3)
Date: 2013-09-28 18:31:04
Lists: pgsql-general

hello,

I am trying to recover data from postgesql 8.3 incomplete backup. I have
contents of data/base/ (fs snapshot), but there some tablespaces
(indexes, some tables) were in other locations.

On new server (clean install) I created database, replaced base folder,
renamed database folder to match new database's created name. Postgresql
starts successfully, but it does not see tables in database, there are
no related entries in logs.

How could I recover data from available backup?