Re: Hardware donation

From: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)enova(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Hardware donation
Date: 2013-08-24 02:41:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/22/13 8:19 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 21 June 2013 20:03, Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> Who can be point of contact from the community to arrange shipping, etc?
>
> Do they need to be shipped? Can we just leave them where they are and
> arrange access and power charges to be passed to SPI? Sounds like it
> would be cheaper and easier to leave them where they are and they
> won't get damaged in transit then. Of course, may not be possible.

Sorry for the late reply, just saw this.

Actually, we have the exact opposite problem... someone higher up the food chain than I am is strongly opposed to us hosting a server for the community in any of our data centers. We actually can pay for hosting somewhere if that's an issue.

BTW, I also missed Mark's reply to this... I'll get in touch with him about shipping.
--
Jim Nasby, Lead Data Architect
(512) 569-9461 (primary) (512) 579-9024 (backup)