Re : Character encoding conversion

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Mike Blackwell <maiku41(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re : Character encoding conversion
Date: 2008-02-11 14:51:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

Mike,

If I were you (actually that's what I did whne I had the same problem), I will convert the pg_dump file from LATIN1 charset to UTF8, then copy back into the new UTF8 database. And all should work fine.
On windows you will find that text editors like TextPad and Scite (which runs on Linux too) will convert the file from LATIN1 to UTF8. On Linux there must be some command line tools, but I don't know them.

I hope this helps.

Have fun,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy