Re: About large objects asynchronous and non-blocking support

From: Giovanni Mascellani <g(dot)mascellani(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: About large objects asynchronous and non-blocking support
Date: 2013-06-07 20:23:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

Il 05/06/2013 22:52, Dmitriy Igrishin ha scritto:
>> At the moment libpq doesn't seem to support asynchronous and
>> non-blocking support for large objects, in the style of
>> PQsendQuery/PQgetResult. This makes large objects hardly suited for
>> single-threaded programs based on some variant of select().
>>
> According to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/lo-funcs.html
> "There are server-side functions callable from SQL that correspond to each
> of
> the client-side functions". Hence, you can call these functions by using
> asynchronous API.

Thanks, I'll try this way (BTW, it may help to specify on the
documentation that lo_read and lo_write lose the "_"). I wonder whether
having to escape all the content for lowrite can't have a negative
impact on performances. It shouldn't be too bad for my case, though.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani(at)poisson(dot)phc(dot)unipi(dot)it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g(dot)mascellani(at)jabber(dot)org / giovanni(at)elabor(dot)homelinux(dot)org