Postmaster process on port 10000

From: Volker Aßmann <volker(at)twisted-nerve(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postmaster process on port 10000
Date: 2006-04-28 14:47:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

We have a problem with our postmaster process, which normaly runs on port
5432. From time to time it spawns another process which listens on port
10000 - which also happens to be the port for our own server. I don't find
any configuration option which could cause this behaviour.

Does anyone have a clue about the causes of this behaviour?

Volker Aßmann