Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow external recovery_config_directory

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow external recovery_config_directory
Date: 2013-03-27 14:20:45
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 27.03.2013 15:09, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 27 March 2013 12:12, Heikki Linnakangas<hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> wrote:
>> On 27.03.2013 13:47, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>>
>>> Allow external recovery_config_directory
>>> If required, recovery.conf can now be located outside of the data
>>> directory.
>>> Server needs read/write permissions on this directory.
>>
>> This was a surprising commit. Does this get us any closer to merging
>> postgresql.conf and recovery.conf?
>
> Why so? I made a clear proposal on how to proceed and this was the
> first part of it.

You didn't answer the question. Does this get us any closer to merging
postgresql.conf and recovery.conf? Why is this bundled in with that?

ISTM the quickest way forward is to revert this, and proceed with the
rest of the plan: get Michael/Fujii's patch into shape, and commit it.
If we still think this additional GUC is a good idea after that, we can
add it afterwards just as well.

- Heikki