Re: cross database references...

From: Jessica Richard <rjessil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cross database references...
Date: 2007-05-18 17:28:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
scheams work fine in ONE db, I need to have two databass and they need to able to talk to eacher, dblink funciton is working fine for me now, I am just wondering if there is any other better way than dblink...

Thanks,
Jessica

Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com> wrote: Jessica Richard wrote:
> Other than dblink, is there any other way to let me joint select two
> tables in two different databases?

Would schemas work for you?  You can have multiple schemas in one
database (like oracle) so that you references tables as
schemaname.tablename etc...  Works well for most places you need to do this.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...