PostgreSQL Training?

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Training?
Date: 2007-05-18 19:11:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am looking for any advice about PostgreSQL training courses that might be
available. I have been a PostgreSQL DBA for the past 3+ years and have over
7 years experience as a DBA and am wanting to improve and hone my skills. I
would like to learn more about PostgreSQL and learn tips, tricks, and more
about tuning. Is there anything out there like the Oracle classes that are
available (especially classes taught by people who have done the work, and
not just studied a book)?

I did run across www.otg-nc.com, does anyone have comments on their admin
and performance tuning classes? This is very appealing to me since they are
only a few hours away.

Are there any others?

Also, has anyone ever created the equivalence of Oracle Certification for
PostgreSQL? Just thought if I'm going to pay for training, it would be nice
to end up with a cert to show for all the monies spent. :)

Thanks,

Chris

P.S.

Feel free to reply off list if needed.