psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode

From: Bhushan Verma <verma(dot)bhushan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
Date: 2009-08-31 14:27:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I am trying to run as follows queries
----------
SELECT PageIndex,
(SUM(ConnectDoneTime - StartTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime - StartTime)
AS "ConnectTimePct",
(SUM(WriteCompleTime - ConnectDoneTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime -
StartTime) AS "RequestSentTimePct",
(SUM(FirstByteRcdTime - WriteCompleTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime -
StartTime) AS "FirstByteTimePct",
(SUM(EndTime - FirstByteRcdTime) * 100) / SUM(EndTime - StartTime) AS
"DownloadTimePct"
FROM UrlRecord_$1
WHERE EndTime <> 0
AND ConnectDoneTime <> 0
AND WriteCompleTime <> 0
AND FirstByteRcdTime <> 0
GROUP By PageIndex
ORDER By PageIndex;

-----------
after running this query, I am getting as follows error
-----------
before or while processing the request.

connection to server was lost

psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
-----------

when I analyze the log file this is showing as follows:

LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
LOG: server process (PID 11736) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation
fault
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG: database system was interrupted; last known up at 2009-08-31 19:23:34
IST
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG: record with zero length at 1/64AF7AE0
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
LOG: autovacuum launcher started

Is there any limitations or some database configuration problem.
Can anyone please help me in this regards.

Regards

--
With Regards,
Bhushan