Re: xfs perform a lot better than ext4 [WAS: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance]

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: Andrea Suisani <sickpig(at)opinioni(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xfs perform a lot better than ext4 [WAS: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance]
Date: 2012-12-06 11:37:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 06/12/2012 09:33, Andrea Suisani wrote:

> which kind of ssd disks do you have ?
> maybe they are of the same typeShaun Thomas is having problem with here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2012-12/msg00030.php
Yeah i saw that post, I'm running the same version of ubuntu with the
3.2 kernel, so when I get a chance to take it down will try the new
kernels, although ubuntu are on 3.5 now... Shaun didn't post what
hardware he was running on, so it would be interesting to see how it
compares. They are intel 320s, which while not the newest should offer
some protection against power failure, etc

John