Re: [HACKERS] Parser - Query Analyser

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Giannakopoulos <miccagiann(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Parser - Query Analyser
Date: 2012-11-19 00:21:12
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 11/18/2012 09:57 PM, Michael Giannakopoulos wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Thanks for your answers. Yes, what I meant is to create a function
> that takes as an input rows of a specific relation, does something and
> returns as an output rows with different attributes. I am
> experimenting right now with the 'CREATE TYPE' and 'CREATE FUNCTION'
> commands in order to see what I can get out of them!

Michael:

- Please reply in-line with posts to preserve the thread of the
conversation. It makes it easier for others to understand.

- Reply to the mailing list, not directly to me. Use "Reply list" if
your mail client supports it, or "Reply to all" otherwise.

I've moved this conversation to pgsql-general. There is no sign that
it's a development issue at this point. Please follow up here, not on
pgsql-hackers.

If you wish to follow this up, please provide a DETAILED EXAMPLE showing
what you are trying to do, as I explained in my previous post. Table
definitions, ample data, desired output, detailed explanation of how you
get from the input data to the desired output, etc.list