Re: Enabling Checksums

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Jesper Krogh <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc>
Cc: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling Checksums
Date: 2012-11-09 14:42:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/09/2012 06:18 AM, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> I would definately stuff our system in state = 2 in your
> description if it was available.

Hm.. that's an interesting statement.

What's probably worst when switching from OFF to ON is the VACUUM run
that needs to touch every page (provided you haven't ever turned
checksumming on before). Maybe you want to save that step and still get
the additional safety for newly dirtied pages, right?

A use case worth supporting?

Regards

Markus Wanner