Re: pgxs problem...

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgxs problem...
Date: 2012-10-10 01:34:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 10/09/12 6:09 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> >So if I've not lost track, the scorecard is:
>> >1. We need to install mkldexport.sh when on AIX, so that pgxs builds can
>> >use it.
>> >2. Makefile.aix has the wrong idea about where to find postgres.imp when
>> >in pgxs mode.
>> >3. pljava needs -lm and isn't explicitly asking for it.
>> >I will see about fixing the first two, but the third is on pljava to
>> >fix.
> I've committed a patch for the first two things:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=bd0ef304f8a306522983f3b4b06274fdc45beed8
> ... but not having an AIX machine, I can't actually test it. Would
> you verify it works?

hmm, i've not worked with git much. whats the best way I can verify
this? should I just run the patches against a 9.1.6 tarball or should
I attempt a full checkout from git?

> (These aren't new bugs BTW --- it looks to me like this has been wrong
> since the pgxs code was created, in 8.1. I guess we don't have many
> AIX users :-()

at least not AIX users using the PGXS infrastructure, we've been running
PG on AIX for a couple years now in house.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast