Re: Server doesn't accept connection

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Empire Software srl <empire(at)empiresoftware(dot)it>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Server doesn't accept connection
Date: 2012-09-26 16:10:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/26/2012 08:57 AM, Empire Software srl wrote:
> Dear mr Adrian,
>
> I reinstall postgres 9.1 but the problem does not change.
>
> I open the config file pg_hda.conf the adress is 127.0.0.1/32

I am CCing the list so more eyes can see.

pg_hba.conf controls who gets in once a connection is made. Your problem
is the connection is not being made.

Some questions:

Look in postgresql.conf:
What is listen_addresses set to?

Is the server on the same machine as the pgAdminIII client?
Could there be a firewall issue?

What are the OSs' involved?
You mentioned AV software so I assume Windows is at least one of them

Is there a chance more than one instance of Postgres running and none
are on port 5432?
Look in postgresql.conf for the port setting.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com