Re: Postgres JDBC-hibernate Problem

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Freddie Burgess <fburgess(at)radiantblue(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres JDBC-hibernate Problem
Date: 2012-09-18 04:29:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 09/18/2012 01:23 AM, Freddie Burgess wrote:
> Thanks Craig,
>
> We were able to make the necessary adjustments to the way Hibernate manages
> the data types differently in version 4.1.6, so we got pass this error. Now
> we have to tackle the a problem with the hibernate 4.1.6 batcher process no
> longer allowing us to ingest data into the database. We are getting the
> "nested transactions not supported error", even though the java developers
> are telling me that they have only a single commit at the end of their
> logical transaction.

Look at the PostgreSQL logs and see. It's easier to trace if you set
log_line_prefix to something like:

log_line_prefix = '<a=%a,u=%u,db=%d,pid=%p,vtx=%v,tx=%x,cmd=%i>'

which produces significantly more verbose logs but makes it easier to,
using the pid and txix/vtxid info, work out how different logged
statements fit into transactions.

--
Craig Ringer