Re: Postgres JDBC-hibernate Problem

From: "Freddie Burgess" <fburgess(at)radiantblue(dot)com>
To: "'Craig Ringer'" <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres JDBC-hibernate Problem
Date: 2012-09-17 17:23:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thanks Craig,

We were able to make the necessary adjustments to the way Hibernate manages
the data types differently in version 4.1.6, so we got pass this error. Now
we have to tackle the a problem with the hibernate 4.1.6 batcher process no
longer allowing us to ingest data into the database. We are getting the
"nested transactions not supported error", even though the java developers
are telling me that they have only a single commit at the end of their
logical transaction.

Caused by: org.hibernate.TransactionException: nested transactions not
supported
at
org.hibernate.engine.transaction.spi.AbstractTransactionImpl.begin(AbstractT
ransactionImpl.java:152)
at
org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.beginTransaction(SessionImpl.java:1396)
at
im.app.empl.service.ingest.EmployeeWriter.handleEmployeeSegment(EmployeeWrit
er.java:309)
at
im.app.empl.service.ingest.EmployeeWriter$3.onEvent(EmployeeWriter.java:116)
at
im.app.empl.service.ingest.EmployeeWriter$3.onEvent(EmployeeWriter.java:113)
at
org.bushe.swing.event.ThreadSafeEventService.publish(ThreadSafeEventService.
java:971)
... 5 more