Re: BUG #7540: Hello. Need Help!

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: grandlexa(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7540: Hello. Need Help!
Date: 2012-09-17 05:21:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 09/14/2012 05:33 PM, grandlexa(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference: 7540
> Logged by: Gl
> Email address: grandlexa(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.1

Wow, that's a very old point release. You should be installing 9.0.9,
the latest point release in the series. It's binary compatible with
9.0.x databases and is a drop-in replacement.

Your subject line was very uninformative, so if you got no responses
that's probably why. It tells nobody anything about your question.

> Good day. I have a folder "Data". PG versioned postgresql-9.0.1-1.1C (x64).
> Have installed the same version of Postgres. Substitute for the "Data" then
> Postgres server does not start.

Check the PostgreSQL error logs in the `pg_log` directory. Also check
the windows Event Viewer for messages relating to the PostgreSQL service.

At a guess, you failed to set the permissions on the data directory to
allow the "postgres" user full control or failed to apply them recursively.

--
Craig Ringer