Upgrade.bat does nothing for 1.16.0

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgrade.bat does nothing for 1.16.0
Date: 2012-09-12 00:10:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

Many thanks to the PgAdmin team for their years-long dedication to
providing a top-notch end-user grahical tool for PostgreSQL.

I normally simply run the MSI file to upgrade from one version to the
next. This time, I decided to try the supplied upgrade.bat to see what
if anything it did differently; I thought maybe it provided a hands-free
upgrade. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me (Windows 7 64-bit,
current on all updates.) I ran it, and it showed the setup program. I
got the popup from Windows asking me if I wanted to allow this program
to make changes to my computer. Once I clicked Ok, the setup window did
something for about 3 more seconds and closed. When I started PgAdmin
from the start menu, version 1.14 was still installed.

--
Guy Rouillier