pg_operator.oprcode in 9.2rc1

From: Joe Abbate <jma(at)freedomcircle(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_operator.oprcode in 9.2rc1
Date: 2012-08-30 15:16:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers,

I've been testing Pyrseas against 9.2rc1. A test that does a CREATE
OPERATOR is giving a small difference. Specifically, the test issues
the statement:

CREATE OPERATOR + (PROCEDURE = upper, RIGHTARG = text);

Pyrseas then queries the pg_operator catalog to map the procedure for
output. Selecting oprcode in 8.4, 9.0, and 9.1, always returns 'upper',
but in 9.2rc1, the value is 'pg_catalog.upper'. It does not matter
whether pg_catalog is on the search_path or not.

I looked over the release notes but I couldn't find any reference to
this possible change in behavior. I'd like to confirm whether the
schema-qualified procedure name is a permanent change or an unintended
side effect of something else.

Thanks.

Joe