Reviewing the archives

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reviewing the archives
Date: 2012-08-28 04:35:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all

I've fetched the last 2 years archives with:

for y in `seq 2011 2012`; do
for m in `seq -w 1 12`; do
wget
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/mbox/pgsql-jdbc.${y}-${m}.gz;
done;
done
gunzip *

I've loaded an IMAP mailbox for easy full text search, flagging, etc:

for f in pgsql-jdbc*; do imap_upload.py $f
imap://craig:xxxxxx(at)xxxxxx/pgsql-jdbc; done

... which is easy and should work fine for your IMAP server of choice.

That mailbox can then easily be filtered for threads with attachments,
the attachments can be starred, and it can be used as the basis of a
work queue.

I also extracted a directory of patches:

mkdir attachments
for f in pgsql-jdbc*; do ripmime --mailbox -i $f -d attachments; done

That produces a directory `attachments` full of patches and random
other crap. A bit of tidying and filtering led to a smaller set of
patches which I'll put up for examination; about 85 in all.

The split-out patches aren't particularly useful because they're
separated from their context; I mostly wanted them to get and idea of
how much needs checking to see if it's in the repo.