Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process
Date: 2003-11-14 20:42:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info> writes:
> For what it's worth, I have been running regression on Solaris with
> numerous of the betas, and RC1 and [just now] RC2, with NO problems.

It seems clear that some Solaris installations are affected and some
are not. Presumably there is some version difference or some local
configuration difference ... but since we don't know what the critical
factor is, we have no basis for guessing what fraction of Solaris
installations will see the problem.

> (And in that case, I would be quick to test the patch to ensure it
> causes no adverse side-effects.)

Here is the proposed patch --- please test it ASAP if you can.
This is against RC2.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 4.3 KB