Re: setObject(...) with native Java arrays like String[] ?

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: John Lister <john(dot)lister(at)kickstone(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setObject(...) with native Java arrays like String[] ?
Date: 2012-08-24 02:23:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 08/23/2012 11:00 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> To be candid, I need help managing the patches.
>
> Many times the patches come in without test cases or without
> documentation. All of these things require me to spend time I don't
> have.

[snip]

> Notionally someone other than the submitter would review the patch.
>
> Thoughts ?

I've done enough Java and JDBC work now that I can do a half-decent job
with PgJDBC patch review. I'm happy to help.

It'd make sense to be able to manage patch review so it's easy to keep
track of. I see two options for that:

- Use the commitfest app, which fits the main server workflow but
requires wrangling message-IDs and manual updates of the tracking
that're sure to be forgotten; or

- Use GitHub pull requests, which are much nicer to work with and more
familiar to more people, but inconsistent with the main server's workflow.

I don't see any sign that PgJDBC development has used the commitfest app
recently, and there's no "PgJDBC" topic, only "Clients".

Do you have a preference? Given the chance I'd *love* to work via GitHub.

--
Craig Ringer