Re: 9.2 Cascading replication after slave promotion

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2 Cascading replication after slave promotion
Date: 2012-08-14 17:50:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yeah, I think there's more people that agree with this use-case than you
> seem to think.. That said, I appreciate that it's not a trivial thing
> to support cleanly.

Not trivial, no, but not major either. Really what needs to happen is
for the timeline change record to get transmitted over the WAL stream.

Hmmm. You know, I bet I could get stream-only remastering working in an
unsafe way just by disabling the timeline checks. Time to test ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.