Re: Where should I be uploading advocacy stuff?

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where should I be uploading advocacy stuff?
Date: 2012-08-13 18:54:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On 08/13/2012 08:01 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
>>> Since we're deprecating pgfoundry, where should I upload
>>> advocacy-related files? I'm talking about stuff like graphics, flyer
>>> designs, t-shirt designs, etc. Mostly binary files for which a Git repo
>>> doesn't seem suitable. The wiki doesn't work either; uploading a batch
>>
>> Any *particular* reason why git is inappropriate for it?
>
> Well, we're talking large binary files which don't version well, so the
> git repo would be pretty bloated. We'd also need to put a snapshot of
> the repo on FTP so that people could download individual files easily.
> It's possible that neither of those issues is prohibitive.

i don't think that the same file will be updated hundreds of times so
maybe this is not really an issue - and exporting the content to the
ftp-site is just-a-matter-of-a-small-script (if we even want that)

>> We do have a way to deal with it if all uploads comes from a single
>> person (web on devos). But you're saying that's not enough, you need
>> group permissions management?
>
> It could be a single login.

so a semi-anonymous account that can be used to publish arbitrary
content on the official ftp-site? not sure I like that idea at all...

Stefan