Re: Japanese translation

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Japanese translation
Date: 2003-06-23 18:47:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
> Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
>
> I'd prefer not to include more pgsql docs into the pgAdmin
> distribution, but merely give the user hints where to obtain the
> latest. We might well be stressed too much to keep up with that for
> all languages.

Agreed. As far as I know the only translations are being done by a
publisher in Germany anyway - no-one ever really translated them before as
they are so big, and change so often during the dev cycle. I did have
email from Peter Eisentraut about the German ones though, so when we add
them to www.postgresql.org we can add a note to our docs telling the users
where to find them.