Re: Data migration to sql server 2008

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: karthi keyan <karthi2itnet(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data migration to sql server 2008
Date: 2012-08-09 12:49:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

[Replying via mailing list]

On 08/09/2012 08:24 PM, karthi keyan wrote:
> Thank you for u r reply.
> I have establish the same by sql server *linked server method* .its is
> working fine.
> But right now i am facing the problem of .
>
> -- Query i used in sql
> Select * from openquery(Postgre,'
> dblink_connect(''mycon'',''hostaddr=localhost; dbname=explore
> ;user=openerp; password=xplore)')
>

> --- the response
>
> Cannot process the object "
> dblink_connect('mycon','hostaddr=localhost; dbname=explore
> ;user=openerp; password=xplore)". The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for
> linked server "Postgre" indicates that either the object has no
> columns or the current user does not have permissions on that object.
>
> Pl help me to fix it out.

You haven't really shown enough information. In particular, where does
this 'Postgre' variable/table/whatever come from? What is it?

You should look at the PostgreSQL server logs to see if PostgreSQL is
sending an error when you attempt the connection and if so, what it is.
Consider also setting log_statement = 'all' in postgresql.conf so you
can see exactly what queries this "openquery" tool runs against PostgreSQL.

Please reply via the mailing list ("reply all") in future.

--
Craig Ringer