Execution of stored procedures

From: "Sundaramoorthy, Annapoorani \(Cognizant\)" <Annapoorani(dot)Sundaramoorthy(at)cognizant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: "Sathyan, Sathish \(Cognizant\)" <Sathish(dot)Sathyan(at)cognizant(dot)com>, "Murugavel, Arun \(Cognizant\)" <Arun(dot)Murugavel(at)cognizant(dot)com>
Subject: Execution of stored procedures
Date: 2006-01-19 04:39:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

Hi,

I am migrating from MS SQL to POSTGRESQL database.

In this, I have some problem with the ASP connection. The error is as
follows:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
Error while executing the query; ERROR: SELECT query has no destination
for result data

HINT: If you want to discard the results, use PERFORM instead.

This error is associated with the execution of stored procedure.

Select <functuion_name()>;

Is the way in which I am trying to execute the procedure in pgadmin and
also this is the way in which I am using it in the asp file.

Can I have your help in overcoming the issue.

Thanks.

Annapoorani S

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com