Create user trigger?

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: slony1-general(at)lists(dot)slony(dot)info
Subject: Create user trigger?
Date: 2008-03-18 10:32:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Chaps,

We're setting up 3 servers replicating using slony. I was wondering if it'd be possible for me to create a set of triggers that fire whenever a user is created/dropped/modified on one of the servers that goes and performs the same action the other two servers.

Does that sound doable?

I'm not sure what the implications of doing this would be, and I'mm not sure the best way to do it.... But this is what I was thinking of doing:

Have a user table containing all the usernames, and every time a user is inserted/deleted from the table create/drop the user using a trigger. Then put the table in replication using slony.

Obviously I'd have to drop and then recreate the users when I wanted to alter them, and I'd have to meke sure permissions were set properly to the table.

Are there any better alternatives?

Thanks

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/