Installation Postgresql

From: Stephen Salbod <ssalbod(at)pace(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installation Postgresql
Date: 2004-04-21 01:22:38
Lists: pgsql-general

My background is Windows and I just switched, yesterday to, Suse Linux
Professional 9.0. And I have a class project due Monday, which is on why
select postgresql as your DBMS. I am trying to install postgresql and going
nuts. I installed the postgresql package on to my machine. I am following
the short version installation instructions, but I got stuck at the first
step: ./configure . I've looked for it on my system but to no avail. I just
want to get postgresql up and running. Every book I turn to has this
configure file. I know it is my window background that is messing me up--I
can't think Linux right now. I would appreciate if someone can give me hand
so I can have a good experience installing postgresql .

Thank you. Steve