Re: [GENERAL] Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: Dino Nardini <dino(at)rivendellsoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2004-01-11 14:10:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I recommend EMS PostgreSQL Manager as well. When I decided to migrate my
databases away from MS SQL Server, I narrowed my alternatives to MySQL or
PostgreSQL. I was leaning towards PostgreSQL because it was obviously more
robust and feature-rich, however MySQL has far more third-party tool
support (and a pretty slick marketing effort). It was the EMS products
that decided for me. I used their PG DataPump to migrate the databases,
which saved me countless days of work. And I use their PG Manager product
for development. For the record, I also use pgAdmin III. Both tools have
their strengths. I particularly like the visual database designer feature
that EMS added to version 2.

My 2 cents... :)

At 02:33 PM 11/01/2004 +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
>Le Dimanche 28 Décembre 2003 06:45, D. Dante Lorenso a écrit :
> > As a plug, though ... I'm hooked on EMS PostgreSQL Manager 2.0. I'd have
> > to say that I'd not be as much of a PostgreSQL supporter if it weren't for
> > this client tool. I think EMS did the 'making it friendly to the
> > developer' that was sorely lacking in stock PostgreSQL client tools.
> > Kudos.
>
>You can also have a look at pgAdmin visiting http://www.pgadmin.org.
>Best regards, Jean-Michel

>TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org

Rivendell Software - Dynamic Web Solutions
http://www.rivendellsoftware.com
Tel 902.461.1697
Fax 902.461.3765